75% of the world’s adult population can not consume milk and still many believe dairy products are essential in the human diet. But, are they beneficial?
Were you told to drink your milk so you can grow up strong?
Yes, most of us grew up with a glass or two of milk before bed. And yes, cow’s milk is perfect…for calves. It contains more than twice as much protein and four times more calcium than human milk, which makes it ideal for rapid growth.
Human babies develop slower. However, our brains evolve rapidly that is why human milk contains five times as much brain-boosting polyunsaturated fat as cow milk.
Does your acne keep you from leaving the house?
Having adult acne can be debilitating. It can stop you from leaving your home and go out in the public. It can lower your confidence. You end up with crazy amounts of makeup on or a compulsion to buy scarves to cover up.
Numerous studies have linked acne to all dairy consumption.
Let’s see why..
- Dairy, organic or not so much, contain hormones. There are over 60 hormones in one glass of raw milk. And those hormones may throw your own hormones off balance, which can trigger acne.
- The natural sugar found in milk leads to spikes in insulin levels which can also lead to acne.
- The growth hormone can aggravate acne.
Try 3 weeks dairy free diet and see how your skins clears up.
Fed up with allergies?
If you struggle with asthma or eczema, you would want to know that food causes 10 percent of eczema and 5 percent of asthma cases. And the worst triggers are cow’s milk and eggs.
One simple way to know if this is affecting you, is to avoid dairy products for a few weeks. If your health improves, you know the answer.
Here‘s an interesting article on how to treat asthma and eczema with diet.
Ladies, this concerns you...mostly...
Several studies linked dairy products to ovarian cancer. Here‘s a study showing that women who consumed four or more servings of dairy products each day were twice as likely to develop ovarian cancer.
Also, breast cancer has been linked to cow’s milk consumption, due to the oestrogen, cholesterol and growth hormone.
- 1 in 50 UK women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer in their lifetime
- 11% of ovarian cancer cases are preventable
- 1 in 7 UK women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- 23% of breast cancer cases are preventable
Gentlemen, your health is important
The same hormones that I have mentioned earlier plus the fat and the high content of calcium increase the risk of prostate cancer.
See here how diet can protect you against prostate cancer.
Young at heart
We all know that cardiovascular disease is the number one killer in the world. Diets high in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol increase the risk of heart disease. Cheese is the main danger, due to its high content in fat.
Heart disease has been found be almost non-existent in populations eating a diet centred on plants.
Heart disease can be prevented, stoped and even reversed with a whole foods plant based diet.
Keep your bones strong and healthy
Being given a diagnosis of a chronic illness, like osteoporosis, can be heartbreaking. However, it is avoidable.
Studies show that people who consume the most dairy products have the highest hip fracture rate. Especially women.This article explains why is milk consumption associated with more bone fractures.
This is what studies have shown:
- milk consumption during teenage years was associated with borderline increase in fractures in men
- higher risk of fractures with a highest intake in milk
- galactose, found in milk, causes bone loss
- both men and women have higher risk of death and bone fracture with higher milk intake
What can we do?
Weight bearing exercises, a diet rich in calcium and adequate Vitamin D.
If all those reasons why you shouldn’t eat dairy seem strong enough for you, I have great news. There are so many alternatives out there now. That is if giving up completely is not an option.
So, have a think! Try something new! Be adventurous!